The Pro Micro is similar to the Pro Mini except with an ATmega32U4 on board. The USB transceiver inside the ATmega32U4 allows us to add USB connectivity on-board and do away with the bulky external USB interface. This tiny little board does all of the neat-o Arduino tricks that you're familiar with: 4 channels of 10-bit ADC, 5 PWM pins, 12 Digital I/O's as well as hardware serial connections (Rx and Tx). Running at 8MHz and 3.3V, this board will remind you a lot of your other favorite Arduino-compatible boards but this little guy can go just about anywhere. There is a voltage regulator on board so it can accept voltage up to 12VDC. If you're supplying unregulated power to the board, be sure to connect to the “RAW” pin and not Vcc.
Features / Specs
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- On-Board micro-USB connector for programming
- Digital I/O Pins: 12 (of which 5 provide PWM output)
- Analog Input Pins: 4 (10-bit)
- Clock Speed: 8MHz
- Rx and Tx Hardware Serial Connections
- Our Smallest Arduino-Compatible Board Yet!