The Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ is a tiny computer board that’s up and running when a keyboard, mouse, display, PSU and MicroSD card with installed OS are added. It’s a miniature ARM-based PC which can run many of the applications that normally require a desktop PC, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays High-Definition video. The model A+ features lower power consumption, better audio performance and a 40-pin GPIO connector among other improvements over the earlier model A. It is also even smaller!
Recommended for for embedded projects and projects which require very low power, and which do not require Ethernet or multiple USB ports.
Features / Specs
- 700MHz Broadcom BCM2835 CPU with 256MB RAM
- 40 Pin extended GPIO
- 1 x USB 2.0 Port
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
- Smaller board footprint and is fully HAT compatible
Note: Firmware now looks for add-on boards that comply with the HAT (Hardware Attached on Top) design rules. This allows the Raspberry Pi A+ to set up the GPIO and load drivers to suit an expansion board automatically.