The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the latest product in the Raspberry Pi 3 range, boasting a 64-bit quad core processor running at 1.4GHz, dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE, faster Ethernet, and PoE capability via a separate PoE HAT.
The dual-band wireless LAN comes with modular compliance certification, allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market. The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ maintains the same mechanical footprint as both the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.
Please Note. It is recommended to use a 2.5A Power Supply with the Raspberry Pi 3 B+
Features / Specs
- Processors: Broadcom BCM2387B0 chipset & 1.4GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 (64Bit)
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300Mbps)
- 4 × USB 2.0 ports
- Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor. Provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- Capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- Memory: 1GB LPDDR2
- OS: Boots from Micro SD card, running a version of the Linux operating system or Windows 10 IoT
- 5V/2.5A DC via micro USB connector
- 5V DC via GPIO header
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Ethernet Connector: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
- Video Output: HDMI (rev 1.3 & 1.4) / Composite RCA (PAL and NTSC)
- Audio Output: Audio Output 3.5mm jack / HDMI / USB 4 x USB 2.0 Connector
- GPIO Connector: 40-pin 2.54 mm (100 mil) expansion header: 2×20 strip / Providing 27 GPIO pins as well as +3.3 V, +5 V and GND supply lines
- Camera Connector: 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2)
- Display Connector: Display Serial Interface (DSI) 15 way flat flex cable connector with two data lanes and a clock lane
- Memory Card Slot: Push/pull Micro SDIO
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ will remain in production until at least January 2023.